by Ron on August 28 at 11:32AM
werth.jpg
How about Jason Werth, is he on fire, or what? Sunday five for five, last night four for four. Let's see, I think that's nine straight hits. Is that right?

The NL record is ten, held by ten players. While he keeps hitting, Victorino keeps sitting.

It wasn't too long ago some people were calling him Werth-less. Hey, it wasn't me. Tune into 610 radio.

Some guys can get out of bed in the middle of the night and get a hit. Yea, sure we've all heard that line. But I bet Chase Utley could do it. He can flat-out hit. Three for five with a double and HR, coming off the DL. Not bad, Chase.

And what about Pat Burrell? His numbers are climbing. Twenty-one home runs, 72 RBIs, 88 BB, a .412 on base percentage, and a .501 slugging percentage, and a .270 BA. Not bad.

Wasn't long ago people were calling him Pat-the-tic. Hey, it wasn't me. But Burrell's climb back to respectability can mean one of two things: 1) the Phillies are happy as a hoot Owl on North Broad Street after the Golden boys win their first four, or 2) Burrell's trade bait value has increased more than yesterday's Whole Foods stock. Which is it, keep him, trade him? What do you think?

Is it strange that a certain Phillies player allegedly beats up his wife in public and pitches the next day, then for  punishment he gets sent to a counselor; but, Michael Vick allegedly tortures and kills dogs and most likely will get 2-3 years in prison and banishment from the NFL? Or is it me? Animal lovers please don't send me threatening email, but to me it doesn't add up. I love animals and I love my wife and I wouldn't beat up either.

Adam Eaton takes the mound tonight with a rested shoulder. We'll take 'em one game at a time.

Finally, after 25 years, my brother and I agree on something: That the Philadelphia media suck up to Donavan McNabb and the Eagles. Speaking of the Eagles, since I listen to 610 am and pm for fifteen minutes each day, I can't believe all the callers that are jumping off ship like it was the Titanic. It's humorous.

A month ago, it was "E-A-G-L-E-S...and , Fly Eagles Fly, on the road to..." Now, after three pre-season losses, it's "no passion, no hustle, no drive...they're bums."

I think my brother will agree with this, too; (because we've been there when Pete Lisk was QB): When they start losing,  the Linc seats will become lonelier than a polar bear on a melting ice cap in global warming. They'll be able to paint the place. They'll have so many empty seats it will make a Temple game look like a national championship.

Speaking of Temple, I have it on good advice from a friend I met at  Finnigan's Wake  that the Golden Boys are for real. Therefore, I'm predicting they will win their first four games: Navy, Buffalo, Connecticut, and an upset win over Bowling Green, and will have the city on fire, with 610 callers pulling themselves out of the icy water and calling  in to Angelo and Howard and hollering, "how 'bout them Owls."

"Fly Eagles Fly, on the road to..."

We are a Temple U. family... my dad, spouse and myself all went there. Al Golden is the best thing to happen to Temple football in 25 years. He's grabbed a few stellar recruits and some blue chip transfers. We're all pullin' for him. GO OWLS!

And thank you for pointing out about Pat Burrell's fantastic second half. I've always liked the guy and thought he's had a huge bull's eye on his back ever since coming to this town as the #1 draft pick after the Drew fiasco. I don't think Pat will ever get a fair shake in Philly and think that a trade is in his best interest. Everytime his average dips or he strikes out, he'll hear the boos. He could have ten good games and one bad, and the only thing that those losers from 610 will acknowledge will be his bad game.

If Pat Burrell is to become a bonafide superstar, it will have to be elsewhere, preferably in a town where he can be a DH. I'm thinking he'd do well for the Yankees and if he can endure this many years of Philadelphia, he can cut it in NY.

Posted by: JJ | August 28, 2007 2:07 PM

Re: your Eagles comments. The WIP loonies are always ready to jump ship. They've made a market out of complaining.
I also remember Pete Liske (and a host of other alleged gridiron greats) going back to around 1970 or so. Whatever these guys do is OK by me until I see things heading south in a big way.
As much as I liked Trotter, he is probably on the down-side of his career.

Posted by: Joe | August 28, 2007 3:01 PM

Great post! Finally i have all the necessery info about it! Thank you so much! Really its remarkable.

Posted by: UGG Greenfield | October 20, 2011 11:57 PM

Many friends like to

Posted by: cheap mac makeup | December 28, 2011 7:43 PM

Anthentic

Posted by: beats solo | December 28, 2011 7:44 PM

Chanel Online Store

Posted by: Chanel Online Store | January 31, 2012 8:24 PM

You'll fall in love with this red
chanel uk

. The large crystal heart pendant shaped crystal is wrapped in a silver tone frame and hangs from a 30'long chain.In the end, the following bag happens to be an vital new member on your set of clothes last year warmer summer months.
chanel bags

is a straightforward style and design with the help of not one but two reduce storage compartments which will open to facility drawer.

Posted by: chanel uk | February 10, 2012 9:11 PM

Remember the
coach outlet

provide coach bags which won't be deteriorated into its overall styles by any means. It will maintain its looks, colors, and uniqueness for long time.Where there are women, there are bags. Where there are bags, there are
coach outlet store online

. Coach products are the direction indicator of the latest fashion and trend.

Posted by: coach outlet | February 10, 2012 10:29 PM

handbags and purses of
coach outlet online

are beautiful, classic designs made for sophisticated customers to make an emphatic style statement.Mainly because products are rattling straight forward, locomotion, to see our own elements connected with
coach factory outlet

you can actually just make an effort to accomplish without this.

Posted by: coach outlet online | February 10, 2012 11:50 PM

All chanel uk are lovely packaged in a setting designed to both protect and present them. Whether they are given as a graduation gift or a family heirloom, the velvet pouch or specially cushioned packaging will be perfect.

Posted by: chanel uk | February 11, 2012 1:35 AM

Coach Outlet Store vision system is a visual enjoy, is a visual art. Coach Madison Handbags and Coach Poppy Bags are viewed among probably the most newsworthy among the particular coach outlet store online so far.

Posted by: coach outlet store | February 11, 2012 1:35 AM

Lots of women like which usually amount normally include a Coach Outlet Online ,it provides coziness to many girls that don't even think it is a great bushel of great interest directly to them. Coach bags on sale from the coach outlet are cheap or discount prices that you certainly will stand out from the crowd on your next camping trip!

Posted by: coach outlet online | February 11, 2012 1:36 AM

There certainly are a amount of methods to acquire affordable coach products at
coach factory outlet

,it could possibly the most effective options.the most vital cause may be the reality that you simply can purchase genuine coach products at there.
coach factory outlet online

is one of the four playable survivors in Left 4 Dead 2. He was a high school health teacher and coordinator for the freshman football team before the Infection hit his hometown of Savannah.

Posted by: coach factory outlet | February 11, 2012 2:39 AM

Whatever statement you're looking to make with your replica Authentic
louis vuitton uk

, we're sure you'll succeed with such a classic, iconic and simple bag.
louis vuitton

Store Online Handbags can also bring great accuracy as well as practical applicability and fashionable.

Posted by: louis vuitton uk | February 11, 2012 2:41 AM

Swarovski's Crystal is due to their commitment to consistency, precision and quality standards, and to the automatic cutting machine invented by the founder,
christian louboutin uk

generally variety within the buying price of $120.00 in order to $450.00, however they perform possess little purses as well as scarfs which are below $100.00.

Posted by: christian louboutin | February 11, 2012 2:41 AM